A New Resources Directory
We do have a brand new JRD located at http://resources.joomla.org/beta/. Please join us as we update this collection of new "Registered Providers," and prepare for a full public launch in early April 2014.
Click on the link above or the "Connect and Do More" image to use the NEW Joomla Resources Directory or the "Get Listed" button to enter your listing submission for the new site.
The JRD Team.
In the August issue of the Joomla Community Magazine the Joomla Resources Directory (JRD) team announced that we had planned to close this site with plans to implement a new one for the community. As a part of that plan we are following up by putting this announcement to inform site users and visitors to look forward to the new site. Please read the article we published for more information about why we did this and the timeline for what we have in store!
As a result of the plan you'll notice a few changes:
- We aren't accepting any new submissions to this site.
- We aren't going to approve / moderate any existing listings.
- We are going to be archiving this site for the time being until a date to be determined in the future. The site will remain mostly static, unless you wish to completely remove your listing.
- NO listing in this archive site will be migrated to the new site. New registration is required. Click links above to get your new listings in the queue for approval.
- Note to users searching for providers; Many of the listings in this archive are outdated. For the most current listings of Joomla Registered Providers, please use the new site listed above.
Specializing in Content Management Systems such as Joomla, Simple Simple Source Solutions has been helping customers Get Simple since 2007. We enjoy serving a wide range of customers: from names like Clark Howard, University of Southern California, Nat Geo photographers, to developers needing a hosting partner, mom and pop shops, service companies, design agencies needing a trusted provider, and individuals. Simple Source has what it takes to get you to where you want to be on the web.
Building on experience gained while hosting creations for design customers, Simple Source Solutions began offering hosting services to the general public in 2009 via GetSimple.net and has since become a household name Joomla hosting provider.
We would be honored to put our experience to work for you.
What we do
• Free manual Joomla installation service upon request
• Free install of your Joomla site files and database upon request
• Fast and friendly 24/7/365 online support with response times within 30 minutes or less.
• RAID protected Disk Space, Daily Backups, Premium Bandwidth
• No overselling!
• cPanel Control Panel, Linux CentOS
• Business web hosting
• Domain registration
• SSL Certificates
• Website maintenance services
• Custom design and development work
• Template customization
First, let me state that I am not associated with Simple Source Solutions. With that said, I can categorically state that they have been the best hosting company I have found.
Currently, I have a Joomla site that I manage for one non-profit and none of us are website builders in the true meaning of the word.
However, that is my point – we created a Joomla platform website as we felt that would offer the greatest flexibility for many of us to work in as opposed to the platform we were using for the aged website design we had.
I called several hosting companies and Simple Source Solutions immediately provided the best information for our determining where we were going to host the site.
I also have three websites for my business interest that I manage by myself, and I will be moving to Simple Source Solutions as I have time to work on the new Joomla layout I have chosen.
I would further add that Simple Source Solutions has provided the best support our organization has had (as opposed to the previous company that hosted the non-profits account), and – they have provided better support than the two website hosting companies that I have for my business sites. Hands down, Todd and his team provide a stellar service.
John Nahas / Last Organic Outpost.com
I recommend Simple Source to anyone. They have been fantastic.
Mike Black, Denver, Co
What I liked most was that I didn't have to start a new conversation each time, the transition flowed. Unlike some other host that seem annoyed that you don't know what you don't know; they were understanding and very patient. It's like when you find a mechanic you feel trust and feel comfortable with. HIGHLY recommended.
Our previous site was built with PHP, and hosted on godaddy. Given some of the usage patterns/plans that we had for our new site, we had set the following simple requirements for selecting our new host:
• Server Operating System Linux preference
• Assistance in migrating from local host (development environment in Windows XP) to new hosting
• Adequate Back up and restore procedures
• High availability
• Allow OpenLDAP
• Allow Perl
• Provide FTP/SFTP
• Provide SSH/Telnet access
• Provide Joomla! installation as well as support
• PHP & SQL
• Keep email addresses with previous host
We looked into several hosts and ended up with Simple Source Solutions by getting a Virtual Private Server Running CentOS with the following Specs for $80/mo: 50GB Disk Space / 800GB Bandwidth /512MB RAM / 4 Dedicated IP's / cPanel/WHM.
Few things that stood out about their sales department:
• The not-so-aggressive approach at the time of discussing their plans and services: this allowed us to go over our requirements rather than to hear about features/services that we were never going to need/use.
• Unlike most sales departments the sales person was very knowledgeable technically about the services that their company was providing. Not only this assures that the sales person knows what he is talking about but it also minimizes the back and forth, since you’re getting your technical answers right there and then.
Now that it’s been over a year that we’ve been with Simple Source Solutions, I could honestly say that we haven’t regretted our decision. Few of the things that comes to mind:
• Awesome support: high availability, great communication and superb knowledge of Joomla!
• Todd and James from their technical team have always answered our questions even though sometimes our questions (or requests for recommendations) have been beyond what a hosting company would provide to their customers.
• Great walk-through support at the time of moving our site from development (windows XP) to production.
• cPanel/WHM support.
• Although OpenLDAP was not one of the items that they provide support for, on several times they have worked with us to troubleshoot difficulties that we’ve experienced with the LDAP server.
Based on our experience, I would strongly recommend Simple Source Solutions for hosting your Joomla! site.
Before choosing Simple Source Solutions, I liked the fact that they do not try to lock you into a long term contract with some big promotions. They charge a competitive fee based on your planned usage and you can adjust the usage as you go. From the beginning, Simple Source Solutions has been very helpful when I was uploading my site or experiencing issues. They always tried to understand my problem rather than giving me a pre-packaged solution which may not answer my question.
I highly recommend them based on my early experience!
I have been live for about a month and am very pleased. The site is faster than under my old host (which was on a dedicated server, besides) and things are going well.
The only caveat is that their support seems to be primarily by email - phone is office hours only.
Check us out at www.millsnovelty.com!
Thanks for the great review Gretch! We really appreciate your business.
I would like to clarify our support though. Our support ticketing system is the quickest way to get your issue resolved. Our 800 number primarily exists to resolve billing issues or for support when you are unable to access our online support ticketing system. For normal support needs, we offer 24/7 online support through our ticketing system on a first come, first serve basis. This allows our support techs to view your entire support history when diagnosing and solving problems–sparing you the inconvenience and frustration of explaining the issue over and over again.
We understand that some questions, such as those concerning our website design services or quotes delivered to you are certainly better addressed through a personal phone conversation. If you reach our voicemail, we are busy assisting other customers, so please do leave a message noting your hosting account information and the issue(s) you are experiencing. We will respond promptly via our support ticket system or with a callback if the issue cannot be resolved through our support system.
If you have further questions about our phone support, simply drop us a ticket. We'd love to hear from you.
Thanks again for the review!
Simply great, I would recommend to any novice who needs to have their hand held through the process, so to speak.
So... I took a gamble on this outfit, primarily because of the Joomla focus (which I valued at that point) and because they seemed small and approachable.
Everything has gone more-or-less smoothly, but I have encountered the usual minor glitches as I got my Joomla site up-and-running. So... I've had to contact their support a handful of times, and their response has been consistently fantastic: fast, helpful, friendly, often responding well into the night, etc.
I can't believe I put up with the big providers (i.e., GoDaddy) for so long. It feels just great to be dealing with a small, friendly group that really seems to care about their customers. And especially amazing since I'm getting that level of support for a mere $6 a month or so. Wow!
His knowledge of how Joomla works with other languages like java, php, flash seems high which makes special integration much easier. Kudo's to Tod and his team.
Thank you for the great review.
I would like to make a point of clarification. Our default disk space for our "Simple Hosting Plan" is 2GB, but considering the base price is currently only $5.95 and that you can add additional space for $0.50/month per GB very easily from your online account at getsimple.net , you're still getting more for your dollar than with most any other host I have come across . . . especially those falsely claiming "unlimited" this or that (which isn't possible and is false advertising). As always, you do get what you pay for.
Plus, with Simple Source, you're getting a host that actually uses Joomla! on a daily basis, knows it very well, builds Joomla sites, and supports Joomla! unlike some of the big hosts that you've had bad experiences with and mentioned above.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Tuve problemas con otros proveedores con error de inicio de sesión, error en el Media Manager y error en el Editor TinyMCE y no se comprometen a reparar o arreglar, te engañan y cobran por adelantado sin solucionarte las fallas, en soporte técnico de Site Ground me contestaron que si no publicaba mis articulos sin el editor TinyMCE, o sea directamente en HTML, de plano no los volviera a contactar, así que no te arriesgues y contrata directamente en Simple Source Solutions porque te lo recomiendo.