Joomla! Programming presents proven best practices for getting the job done right. Written by Mark Dexter and Joomla! design architect Louis Landry (who wrote much of the new Joomla! framework), the text is packed with detailed examples and sample code, in-depth reference-style explanations available nowhere else, and fascinating sidebars revealing why Joomla! works the way it does.
Both a tutorial and reference, this title brings together step-by-step instructions for everything from simple tasks (such as template overrides) to cutting-edge techniques involving components, MVC, and the Joomla! framework. You’ll learn how to
• View Joomla! from a programmer’s perspective
• Extend Joomla! with layout overrides, plugins, and modules
• Take full advantage of Joomla!’s improved new MVC implementation
• Build front-end and back-end components, from start to finish
• Secure your sites with Joomla!’s powerful, flexible new Access Control Lists
• Work with databases and use the new JDatabaseQuery to write complex queries