A New Resources Directory
We do have a brand new JRD located at http://resources.joomla.org/. Please join us as we update this collection of new "Registered Providers," and prepare for a full public launch in early April 2014.
Click on the link above or the "Connect and Do More" image to use the NEW Joomla Resources Directory or the "Get Listed" button to enter your listing submission for the new site.
The JRD Team.
In the August issue of the Joomla Community Magazine the Joomla Resources Directory (JRD) team announced that we had planned to close this site with plans to implement a new one for the community. As a part of that plan we are following up by putting this announcement to inform site users and visitors to look forward to the new site. Please read the article we published for more information about why we did this and the timeline for what we have in store!
As a result of the plan you'll notice a few changes:
- We aren't accepting any new submissions to this site.
- We aren't going to approve / moderate any existing listings.
- We are going to be archiving this site for the time being until a date to be determined in the future. The site will remain mostly static, unless you wish to completely remove your listing.
- NO listing in this archive site will be migrated to the new site. New registration is required. Click links above to get your new listings in the queue for approval.
- Note to users searching for providers; Many of the listings in this archive are outdated. For the most current listings of Joomla Registered Providers, please use the new site listed above.
Joomla! Programming presents proven best practices for getting the job done right. Written by Mark Dexter and Joomla! design architect Louis Landry (who wrote much of the new Joomla! framework), the text is packed with detailed examples and sample code, in-depth reference-style explanations available nowhere else, and fascinating sidebars revealing why Joomla! works the way it does.
Both a tutorial and reference, this title brings together step-by-step instructions for everything from simple tasks (such as template overrides) to cutting-edge techniques involving components, MVC, and the Joomla! framework. You’ll learn how to
• View Joomla! from a programmer’s perspective
• Extend Joomla! with layout overrides, plugins, and modules
• Take full advantage of Joomla!’s improved new MVC implementation
• Build front-end and back-end components, from start to finish
• Secure your sites with Joomla!’s powerful, flexible new Access Control Lists
• Work with databases and use the new JDatabaseQuery to write complex queries