Thank you for your interest in the Joomla! Resources Directory (JRD). Below are details of our rules and the procedures to get final approval to be listed in the Joomla Resources Directory. Your application will be kept in pending mode until you complete our basic requirements.
If you are using the Joomla! name or any of the Joomla! logos, images or site content you must comply with the following for approval of their use:
We at the Joomla Resources Directory have a direct interest in maintaining the integrity of the Joomla brand. As such, we cannot allow violations of the Joomla trademark, logo, brand etc. to be placed in or linked from the Joomla Resources Directory.
1. You used the Joomla! name or logo in your business name. If you have the name Joomla, Joomla!, (or obvious derivatives of the word Joomla) and/or our logo next to your logo or primary business name. You need to get permission from us before we can approve your site to linked as a resource. General rule here should be--keep away from trying to make people think you have some direct affiliation with Joomla!.
2. Is anything related to Joomla! in your domain name? If you have Joomla, Joom, Jom, anything even close in or around your business name, logo domain name, or anything questionable to our trade mark. You must first get special usage you to get approval from us to be allowed to be listed any any of our directories. We reserve the right to refuse to include you as a resource.
Go here to get permission to use the our Trade Marked name.
4. Joomla! should have a "!" and a "TM" or "®" when used in the site title, header image, or slogan or the first mention of it on the page. On your web site please be sure to place the "!" and the superscript (TM/®) after the first instance of the use of the word Joomla on the page (this applies to you also if you use the word Joomla in your site title, header image, or as part of your slogan, etc.). Anyone who uses any of the trademarked Joomla! logos and/or the Joomla! name as mentioned above must place this disclaimer (as issued by OSM in the approval email) in 8 point clear contrasting colors:
"The Joomla!® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. *Your business name* is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project." If the above disclaimer is not clearly visible, we will not be able to approve your submission to the JRD.
The following includes general criteria that applies to ALL submissions to the JRD:
5. Community Involvement All submitters must be be actively involved in freely supporting the Joomla! Community. There are many ways to contribute. Direct areas of community involvement that are currently considered for review are as follows:
Active free support on the Joomla! Forums
Active free support on Joomla-related International Forums
The Joomla! Community Magazine
Joomla! Day Attendance
Joomla! Day Sponsorship
Active Beta Testing and Bug Squashing
Member of a Community Working Group or Production Working Group
Active member of a Joomla-related Google Group
Involved in other official areas of the project that are not listed here
You do not have to be involved in all of these areas.
How the new inclusive areas are calculated
A generic point system is now in place that is a general guideline to determine your level of involvement in official areas of the project. If, for example, you are not actively involved in the Forums, but are actively involved in the Magazine and have developed some extensions - that would count for active community involvement. There are no set "5 points for this or 10 points for that", instead it is a Yes or No answer for the team. "Are they involved in this area: Yes"
6. English Only Submissions All submissions must be written in English. Non-English submissions will be not be approved. (The website you are submitting for inclusion doesn't have to be in English, just your submission to the JRD)
7. If you don't understand why we ask you to do all this please read in detail the links provided. We are not in the business of explaining why you need to follow the rules. If you have deep questions first read all details listed in our policies we have set in place for everyone associated with the Joomla resources directory.
8. GNU GPL Only Beginning March 1st 2009, any Joomla! sites that distribute extensions, modules, and/or plugins either commercially or not commercially must have ALL extensions licensed under the GNU GPL to be accepted in the JRD. If you have a site that co-mingles GPL and non-GPL software licenses on your distributed extensions as they pertain to Joomla you will be denied.
*In some cases we call to verify that listings are accurate.
*Hosting companies have a special provision that they must provide us a working up to date stable link to a Joomla! install to review that your servers are setup correctly. With your final review please submit administration URL and Super Admin and password. Speed is not a part of the review process. We want to confirm you have PHP running with user privileges set in an optimal way for security and usablity issues related to dynamic CMS (suPHP, fcgi, PHPSuExec or something equivalent). You can delete the site after our review. We will notify when we are done with the site.
*Once you are approved it does not mean your approved forever, we do retain the right to un-publish your listing at any time, without notice.
Failure to complete these steps in 30 days or less will result in a rejection and you will have to login again and submit your application for approval along with with your final review.